Friday, May 20, 2016

Hello!

It's been over two years since I've updated this thing.  My life has been quite hectic during that time, and I've just had more things to do in developing myself than paying attention to the side of me that's wont to fall in love with quadrupeds.  But I'm going to stockpile some posts, so stay tuned, tell your friends, as at least some of them should be quite interesting.

This one, however, will have no content at all but to let you all know that I'm alive, and tell you what being me has been like for the last little while.  I'm going through something of a career change; anyone in mental health who's making less than six figures will tell you that it gets very draining when done for years, not necessarily because of the clients but because of your fellow professionals.  Nothing is remotely set in stone yet but I may have to take out the "mental health professional" bit on that sidebar!  Perhaps a little academic credit lost when it comes to the nature of the blog, but to me, certainly worth it if I can find something that won't see me losing so much hair.

Something has occurred that has helped me keep that hair in, however, and that is this: I've gotten married.  To a human, even.  In fact, my beautiful genius of a wife's interests swing very much in the same way as mine, so you may be hearing a little about her end of things in the future.

So the next few posts will be about entertainment and media, as although I've been on a blogging hiatus I certainly haven't been on a reading one.  After that, who knows?  See you soon.

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment